Director of Paid Search
About This Role
Playbook Media is seeking a highly motivated, analytical, and passionate paid search marketing expert to help drive the company’s rapid growth. This fast-paced role will be responsible for expanding the company’s digital marketing position while championing opportunities for improved performance and scale across Google/Bing. Based remotely, this position reports directly to the company’s CEO/COO and will lead our internal Search channel growth and interact with senior stakeholders internally and across our client base.
Founded by experienced Silicon Valley marketing professionals, Playbook Media has adopted a fully remote-work environment with a largely West Coast team, but an increasing number across the U.S. We work with venture-backed, “disruptor” companies to accelerate customer acquisition through expert media buying, performance focused creative production and deep analytical rigor. We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and partnering with their internal marketing teams to solve the problems core to their growth challenges.
- Serve as the company’s SEM subject matter expert for all issues and opportunities relating to paid search marketing.
- Execute a vision for building out the Paid Search Marketing division at Playbook Media, with full P&L responsibility.
- Work closely with stakeholders at Google and Bing to stay abreast of the ever-changing competitive landscape and build scalable solutions for our clients.
- Provide recommendations and execute strategies for keyword opportunities, campaign structuring, targeting and other facets of paid search in accordance with company and client goals.
- Oversee day-to-day paid search marketing efforts across search engines & communicate the ongoing strategy to our top tier clients.
- Work through automation, tagging, and data integrity issues with cross-functional stakeholders internal and external.
- Provide ongoing and ad hoc reporting and communication of results, tests, plans, budget, and initiatives to internal and client leadership teams.
- Manage a team of freelance SEM experts to ensure their execution work is aligned with your strategic direction.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related field required, MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of active/hands-on experience in paid search required, preferably within a performance marketing environment.
- Experience managing large, dynamic search programs with significant monthly budgets.
- Expert understanding of Google and Bing, the latest capabilities of each, and how to effectively deploy optimization strategies and resources that that maximize yield.
- Experienced with performance marketing platforms, automated bidding tools, keyword research solutions and other analytics and testing solutions to include Google Adwords, Bing Ads, Google Analytics.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills with previous experience structuring and performing complex testing and analysis within paid search in order to drive efficient growth and effective results.
- Powerful communicator with the ability to engage and influence senior leadership.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation.
- AdWords / Bing certification.
- Competitive salary and bonus/profit sharing program
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Uncapped vacation and sick time
- Training and personal development support
- Hybrid work environment primarily remote, but with optional quarterly regional get-togethers in SD, LA, SF
- Annual company offsite
- Parental leave