VP of Accounts
Playbook Media is looking for an enthusiastic, performance-oriented VP to oversee the on-boarding, management, and retention of our strategic accounts. This position will be part of the leadership team and eventually include building out and leading the account management team.
About This Role:
The ideal candidate excels at building and deepening client relationships and has demonstrated this over 5+ years at a digital or performance-oriented marketing agency. You have successfully navigated marketing organizations, within companies of various sizes, to develop strong rapport with both executional teams and C-Level stakeholders. You have overseen client marketing spend and its associated performance across multiple advertising platforms and are not afraid to jump in and get your hands dirty.
Founded by experienced Silicon Valley marketing professionals, Playbook Media has adopted a fully remote-work environment on the West Coast, with access to office space in San Francisco and Los Angeles. We work with venture-backed, “disruptor” companies to accelerate customer acquisition through expert media buying, performance focused creative production and deep analytical rigor. We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and partnering with their internal marketing teams to solve the problems core to their growth challenges.
- Develop long term relationships with strategic Playbook Media clients to understand their overarching goals and develop trust & rapport at the executive level.
- Responsible for strategic client satisfaction, department revenue and team P&L.
- Build and manage a team of account managers who embody Playbook Media best practices in developing close client relationships and a deep knowledge of marketing across various verticals.
- Work cross functionally with internal media, creative and analytics teams to maintain existing revenue streams and identify new, cross-sell and upsell opportunities to extend the Playbook Media value to our clients.
- Develop strategy or plans for clients, where that is a paid service.
- Lead, or participate in, weekly, monthly, and quarterly client meetings.
- Cross-pollinate results, stats, and learnings across different Playbook Media client accounts; support and reinforce the Playbook Media approach to Paid Social during all client interactions.
- Develop/improve standardized templates for all client communication (agendas, presentations, QBRs, testing repositories).
- 5+ years of experience in senior/exec level client-facing roles at a digital marketing company and/or in an agency capacity.
- Proven track record for growing client relationships through cross-sells and upsells.
- Ability to handle unexpected client challenges with a knack for turning challenges into opportunities.
- Deep knowledge of marketing consumer products, particularly within the scope of performance marketing.
- 3+ years of direct report management experience and examples of ways you have built high performing teams.
- Proficient in structuring, creating and pitching compelling excel plans, word docs, or PowerPoint decks to sell in future business.
- A “get-it-done” mentality, the ability to prioritize and a problem solver to the core.
- Able to multi-task and manage time efficiently.
- Impeccable in written and verbal communications.
- College educated with a BA/BS degree in a technical or marketing field. MBA is a plus.
- Hands on experience buying, optimizing, or measuring digital media.
- Experience with lift testing, multi-channel attribution tools & methodologies.
- 2+ years of experience running Growth for a consumer-focused brand.
- Experience at Google or Facebook in an advertising focused role (sales, measurement, solutions engineering).
- Competitive salary and bonus/profit sharing program.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage.
- Uncapped vacation and sick time.