*US Applicants Only*
Playbook Media is looking for a sales leader who is self-driven, marketing obsessed, and motivated to win. Reporting directly to the CEO, this position is for a sales professional that is looking to shine as a motivated self-starter with an outsized impact on the growth of the overall organization.
About This Role
The ideal candidate has a proven track record of selling marketing services to businesses companies in eCommerce, financial services, and software. You have 4+ years of sales experience and are deeply knowledgeable about digital marketing. You have a strong rolodex of startup executives, investors, and other industry leaders to drive deal flow. Most importantly, you are a team player and thrive in a fast-moving, open, and honest culture.
Founded by experienced Silicon Valley marketing professionals, Playbook Media has adopted a fully remote-work environment on the West Coast, with access to office space in San Francisco and Los Angeles. We work with both venture-backed, high growth companies and established brands to drive profitable growth through marketing strategy, expert media buying, performance focused creative and deep analytical rigor. We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and partnering with their internal marketing teams to solve the problems core to their growth challenges.
- Build relationships with industry leaders on behalf of Playbook to drive deal flow through referrals for Playbook’s marketing services and marketing experts through GrowTal.
- Work hand in hand with the executive team to shape our offering according the market needs, leading to increases in both close rates and client retention.
- Participate in cross-functional projects with account management and marketing to develop sales and marketing collateral to improve demand generation activities.
- Improve sales processes and materials through Hubspot and other tools to create a well-oiled sales process to scale our client base.
- 4+ years of experience building and managing successful sales teams within the digital marketing industry.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a willingness to create opportunity in fast changing landscape.
- Deep knowledge of using performance marketing channels and tactics to advertise consumer products and services.
- Proficient in structuring, creating, and pitching compelling sales presentations to close new business.
- A “get-it-done” mentality, the ability to prioritize, and a problem solver to the core.
- Able to multi-task and manage time efficiently.
- Sufficient knowledge of Hubspot and/or other sales tools to implement scalable processes.
- College educated with a BA/BS degree in a technical or marketing field. MBA is a plus.
- Experience selling services or technology through the venture community.
- Hands on experience buying, optimizing, or measuring digital media.
- An understanding of hiring and recruiting practices, especially within the marketing function.
- Competitive salary and bonus/profit sharing program
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Uncapped vacation and sick time
- Training and personal development support
- Primarily remote work environment, with optional quarterly regional get-togethers in SD, LA, SF
- Annual company offsite
- Parental leave