Director of Media
Playbook Media is looking for a leader, who is highly experienced in running growth marketing for consumer-focused businesses, to build and lead the strategy team for our portfolio of clients.
About This Role
The ideal candidate has 8+ years in performance marketing experience both within in-house and agency teams. Ideally, you are well versed in performance-oriented digital media buying, intellectually curious, data-driven, self-motivated and resourceful in your approach to problem solving and growing team revenue. You also have a deep understanding of creative strategy, marketing analytics, and omni-channel decision making.
Founded by experienced Silicon Valley marketing professionals, Playbook Media has adopted a fully remote-work environment on the West Coast, with access to office space in San Francisco, Los Angeles, and San Diego (coming soon). We work with venture-backed, “disruptor” companies to accelerate customer acquisition through expert media buying, performance focused creative production and deep analytical rigor. We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and partnering with their internal marketing teams to solve the problems core to their growth challenges.
- Lead the media strategy for Playbook’s entire portfolio of clients.
- Develop and execute on media plans for all channels including Facebook and Instagram, Google (Adwords, Display, YouTube etc), Bing, Connected TV, Affiliate, Native, and Display.
- Manage and train a team of media buyers to flawlessly execute on buys through processes designed to ensure optimal ROAS for our clients.
- Work cross functionally with analytics, account management, and creative teams to adequately measure, improve performance, and strengthen the relationships with our clientele.
- Keep up to date with the latest media channels, strategies, and tactics to maintain Playbook’s competitive edge in driving performance for our clients.
- 5+ years of experience in planning/pacing/optimizing multiple media channels to drive customer acquisition and/or sales for B2C businesses.
- In-depth knowledge of Facebook and Google ads platforms including technical integrations such as pixel implementation, auction expertise, and platform polices.
- Experience with lift testing, multi-channel attribution, and related tools & methodologies.
- Proficient in structuring, creating and delivering compelling plans in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint to communicate and sell media plans to executive level stakeholders.
- College educated with a BA/BS degree in a technical or marketing field.
- Able to multi-task and manage time efficiently.
- Impeccable in written and verbal communications.
- Available to travel as needed.
- 2+ Years of experience in running growth for a consumer-focused brand
- Experience in a leadership role at a performance focused media agency
- Experience at Google or Facebook in an advertising focused role (Sales, measurement, solutions engineering, etc)
- Competitive salary and bonus/profit sharing program.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage.
- Uncapped vacation and sick time.