Finance & Administration Manager / Fractional CFO
Playbook Media is looking for an experienced Finance and Administration Manager to oversee our financial operations, reporting and business planning and support our agency back-office functions in accounting, legal, tax and HR areas. This role will be part-time to start, with the option to move to full-time in the future.
About This Role:
To succeed in this role, you are analytical, organized and are passionate about the financial components of running a growing, profitable business. You enjoy constantly planning and re-planning, predicting, and solving upcoming problems to reach deadlines, and you love facilitating team collaboration to make sure things get delivered on time.
Founded by experienced Silicon Valley marketing professionals, Playbook Media has adopted a fully remote-work environment on the West Coast, with access to office space in San Francisco and Los Angeles. We work with venture-backed, “disruptor” companies to accelerate customer acquisition through expert media buying, performance focused creative production and deep analytical rigor. We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and partnering with their internal marketing teams to solve the problems core to their growth challenges.
- Oversee accounts and cash flow, administer internal audits, and cooperate with external auditors
- Communicate with external entities such as our bookkeeping company, legal advisors and CPA/tax consultants
- Ensure efficient financial monitoring and reporting as it relates to cash flow and overall profitability
- Prepare the annual budget in consultation with the CEO/COO
- Keep track of accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Make sure any tax reporting obligations are fulfilled in a timely manner
- Evaluate existing accounting system and recommend improvements if required
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or a related field
- At least 5 years of overall professional experience, with at least 3 years of managerial experience in finance and operations
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong knowledge of financial analysis for an agency business
- Professional certifications such as CPA (Certified Public Accountant)
- Competitive salary and bonus/profit sharing program – this role could be hourly or part-time to start
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Uncapped vacation and sick time
Get in touch
444 South Flower Street, 13th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90071