Head of Sales
Playbook Media is looking for a sales leader who is both experienced in building sales teams and excited to dive into an entrepreneurial environment. This position will be part of the leadership team and will include overseeing all members of the Playbook Media and GrowTal sales teams.
About This Role:
The ideal candidate has a proven track record of selling marketing services or technology into a variety of startup companies including Direct To Consumer eCommerce, Fintech, and SaaS businesses. You have 5+ years of managing sales teams and are willing to get your hands dirty selling directly on behalf of Playbook Media. You have a strong rolodex of startup executives, investors, and other industry leaders to drive deal flow. Most importantly, you are a team player and thrive in a fast-moving, open, and honest culture.
Founded by experienced Silicon Valley marketing professionals, Playbook Media has adopted a fully remote-work environment on the West Coast, with access to office space in San Francisco and Los Angeles. We work with venture-backed, “disruptor” companies to accelerate customer acquisition through expert media buying, performance focused creative production and deep analytical rigor. We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and partnering with their internal marketing teams to solve the problems core to their growth challenges.
• Help to develop the go-to-market sales strategy for both Playbook Media and our fast-growing subsidiary, GrowTal.
• Build relationships with industry leaders on behalf of Playbook to drive deal flow through referrals for Playbook’s marketing services and marketing experts through GrowTal.
• Work hand in hand with the executive team to shape our offering according the market needs, leading to increases in both close rates and client retention.
• Participate in cross-functional projects with account management and marketing to develop sales and marketing collateral to improve demand generation activities.
• Improve sales processes and materials through Hubspot and other tools to create a well-oiled sales process to scale our client base.
• Build and manage a sales team who embodies Playbook Media’s culture and deep knowledge of digital marketing.
• 5+ years of experience building and managing successful sales teams within the digital marketing industry.
• Entrepreneurial spirit with a willingness to create opportunity in fast changing landscape.
• Deep knowledge of using performance marketing channels and tactics to advertise consumer products and services.
• Proficient in structuring, creating, and pitching compelling sales presentations to close new business.
• A “get-it-done” mentality, the ability to prioritize, and a problem solver to the core.
• Able to multi-task and manage time efficiently.
• Sufficient knowledge of Hubspot and/or other sales tools to implement scalable processes.
• College educated with a BA/BS degree in a technical or marketing field. MBA is a plus.
• Experience selling services or technology through the venture community.
• An understanding of hiring and recruiting practices, especially within the marketing function.
• Hands on experience buying, optimizing, or measuring digital media.
• Competitive salary and commission structure.
• 401(k) with company match.
• Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage.
• Uncapped vacation and sick time.